Find a roofer in Barren Springs, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Barren Springs, Virginia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Barren Springs, Virginia. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.