Find a roofer in Atlantic, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Atlantic, VA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Atlantic, VA. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Atlantic, VA. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.