Find a roofer in Arlington, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Arlington, VirginiaHome // Virginia // Arlington
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Arlington, VA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Arlington, VA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.