Find a roofer in Ark, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Ark, VA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Ark, VA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.