Find a roofer in Annandale, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Annandale, VA. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Annandale, VirginiaHome // Virginia // Annandale
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Annandale, VA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Annandale, VA. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to hire the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.