Find a roofer in Alexandria, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Alexandria, VirginiaRoofing // Virginia // Alexandria
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good season for roofing projects?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This means that winter could be an easier time to call a roofer.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
How much is the rate for most roofing specialists per square foot?
Roofing services can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
How long does it typically take for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
What is the correct time to schedule an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Alexandria, Virginia
If you need roofing maintenance services in Alexandria, Virginia, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.