Find a roofer in Afton, Virginia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What rate can be expected to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the normal cost per square foot for roofing services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it typically take for a roofer to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Afton, Virginia. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Afton, Virginia
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Afton, Virginia. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.