Find a roofer in your areaUtah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near your areaUtahRoofing // Utah
- American Fork
- Bear River City
- Bingham Canyon
- Brigham City
- Cedar City
- Cedar Valley
- Dammeron Valley
- Duck Creek Village
- Dutch John
- Eagle Mountain
- East Carbon
- Fountain Green
- Garden City
- Heber City
- Hyde Park
- La Sal
- La Verkin
- Mount Pleasant
- North Salt Lake
- Park City
- Pine Valley
- Pleasant Grove
- Rush Valley
- Saint George
- Salt Lake City
- Santa Clara
- Saratoga Springs
- South Jordan
- Spanish Fork
- Spring City
- West Jordan
- West Valley City
- Woods Cross
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How do roofers typically charge for labor for a replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What costs are affiliated with repairing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the typical rate per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Your AreaUT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in your areaUtah. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.