Find a roofer in Uvalde, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
When should a roof inspection be done?
Many roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
At what cost will a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the rate for repairing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Uvalde, TX
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Uvalde, TX. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.