Find a roofer in Shelbyville, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is the best season for a roofing project?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What do most roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
How long does it take for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
At what point should I consider having a roof inspection conducted?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Shelbyville, TN
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Shelbyville, TN. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.