Find a roofer in Sturgis, South Dakota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Sturgis, SD
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Sturgis, SD, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.