Find a roofer in your areaSouth Dakota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // South Dakota
- Black Hawk
- Box Elder
- Clear Lake
- Elk Point
- Hill City
- Long Lake
- Mission Hill
- New Holland
- New Underwood
- North Sioux City
- Prairie City
- Rapid City
- Sioux Falls
- Union Center
- Valley Springs
- Wessington Springs
- White Lake
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What should I budget to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing expert's services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the normal period of time for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Your AreaSD
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in your areaSouth Dakota. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.