Find a roofer in Jefferson, South Dakota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Jefferson, South Dakota
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Jefferson, South Dakota, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Jefferson, South Dakota. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.