Find a roofer in Hill City, South Dakota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Hill City, South Dakota. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Hill City, South Dakota
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hill City, South Dakota. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.