Find a roofer in Faulkton, South Dakota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Faulkton, South DakotaHome // South Dakota // Faulkton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Faulkton, SD
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Faulkton, SD. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.