Find a roofer in Crooks, South Dakota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At which season should I schedule an appointment for my roofing project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofing professional's services?
Services for your roof can cost about $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
When should I get a roof inspection?
Many roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Crooks, SD
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Crooks, SD. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right professional for the job.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.