Find a roofer in Centerville, South Dakota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Centerville, South Dakota
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Centerville, South Dakota. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.