Find a roofer in Florence, South Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it take for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Florence, SC. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
At what stage should I consider having a roof inspection done?
Most roofers suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How do roofers normally charge for their services for roof replacement?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the expected expenditure for roof repair services?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs call for experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Florence, SC
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Florence, SC. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Florence, SC. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.