Find a roofer in your area
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At what time should I think about getting a roof inspection conducted?
Many roofing contractors advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How much will a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What rate can be expected for roof maintenance services?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What season is good for a roofing project?
No matter what season it is, you can call a roofing professional for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Your Area
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in your area. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.