Find a roofer in your area
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I plan to get roofers come out?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the typical pricing per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the estimated time required for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Which time is best to set up my roof evaluated?
Most roofing contractors advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Your Area
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in your area, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.