Find a roofer in Oxford, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Oxford, OhioRoofing // Ohio // Oxford
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal cost of replacement services from a roofer?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the expected expenditure for roof maintenance services?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the customary rate per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Roofing services can cost about $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the estimated time required for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Oxford, OH
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Oxford, OH. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.