Find a roofer in Akron, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is best for a roofing job?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the usual cost per square foot for roof repair services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe to restore a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
What is the correct occasion to book a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Akron, OH
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Akron, OH. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.