Find a roofer in Yorktown Heights, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Yorktown Heights, New YorkRoofing // New York // Yorktown Heights
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical price for replacement services from a roofer?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate price range for fixing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the usual cost per square foot for roofing services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the typical period of time to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Yorktown Heights, NY. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Yorktown Heights, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Yorktown Heights, NY. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.