Find a roofer in Yonkers, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal period of time for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can come up with the hours for the job.
What is the correct time to schedule a roof inspection?
Many roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
At what cost does a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the expected cost for roof repair services?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Yonkers, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Yonkers, NY. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Yonkers, NY. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house today.