Find a roofer in Woodridge, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical price for replacement services from a roofing specialist?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What costs are related to repairing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the regular rate per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the typical period of time for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Woodridge, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Woodridge, NY. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Woodridge, NY. Find the right contractor for your home today.