Find a roofer in Windham, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
During which season should I schedule roofing services?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
How much should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofing contractor's services?
Services for your roof can be around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the usual period of time to rebuild a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
When is the best time to get my roof evaluated?
Most roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Windham, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Windham, New York. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.