Find a roofer in Whitesboro, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is the perfect time for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
How much is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the estimated time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
What is the correct time to request an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Whitesboro, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Whitesboro, New York. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.