Find a roofer in White Plains, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it typically take for a roofer to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in White Plains, NY. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional can approximate the hours for the job.
What is the appropriate time to request a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How do roofing contractors typically price labor for roof replacement?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much is a contractor's rate to fix a roof top?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Services in White Plains, NY
When you need roofing maintenance services in White Plains, NY, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.