Find a roofer in White Plains, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // White Plains
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When during the year is ideal for a roof job?
No matter what time of year it is, you can call a roofing contractor for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the typical price roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Of course, how expensive it will be will vary with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate the hours for the project.
At which point should I think about getting a roof inspection done?
The majority of roofing professionals suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in White Plains, New York
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in White Plains, New York, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on our site have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.