Find a roofer in White Plains, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in White Plains, New York. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near White Plains, New YorkHome // New York // White Plains
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in White Plains, New York
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in White Plains, New York. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to hire the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.