Find a roofer in Westtown, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Westtown, New York. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Westtown, New YorkHome // New York // Westtown
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Westtown, New York
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Westtown, New York. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.