Find a roofer in Westbury, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Westbury, New YorkRoofing // New York // Westbury
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal price for roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the approximate cost for repairing a rooftop?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the regular rate per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can be around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time needed for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Westbury, NY
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Westbury, NY. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.