Find a roofer in Westbury, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // Westbury
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How long does it typically take to get a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Westbury, NY. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really stall the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
At which point should I think about getting an inspection done for my roof?
The majority of roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How do roofers typically price labor for a replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the approximate rate for fixing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Westbury, NY
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Westbury, NY, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.