Find a roofer in West Islip, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near West Islip, New YorkHome // New York // West Islip
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in West Islip, NY
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in West Islip, NY. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in West Islip, NY. Find the perfect contractor for your home today.