Find a roofer in West Hurley, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I plan to get roofing services done?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be an easier time to call a roofer.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the common price per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate the hours for the project.
Which time is best to set up a roof inspection?
Many roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near West Hurley, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in West Hurley, NY. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.