Find a roofer in West Hempstead, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // West Hempstead
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is the best time for a roofing project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will vary depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the typical duration for a roof replacement?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in West Hempstead, NY. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can estimate the hours for the job.
When should I get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing contractors recommend biannual roof inspections since regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Services near West Hempstead, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in West Hempstead, NY. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to find the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.