Find a roofer in West Hempstead, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near West Hempstead, New YorkHome // New York // West Hempstead
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in West Hempstead, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in West Hempstead, NY. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.