Find a roofer in West Haverstraw, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New York // West Haverstraw
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I plan to have roofing contractors come out?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the customary rate per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will vary with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the normal period of time to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
When is the best time to arrange for a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing professionals recommend biannual roof inspections since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in West Haverstraw, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in West Haverstraw, New York. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.