Find a roofer in Watkins Glen, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is good for a roofing job?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing expert's services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
How long does it typically take for a roofer to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Watkins Glen, NY. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate the hours for the project.
When is the best time to set up a roof inspection?
Many roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Watkins Glen, NY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Watkins Glen, NY. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.