Find a roofer in Watertown, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Watertown, New York
If you need roofing maintenance services in Watertown, New York, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Watertown, New York. Find the perfect contractor for your property today.