Find a roofer in Waterport, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Waterport, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Waterport, NY. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.