Find a roofer in Waterloo, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
During which season should I book roofing services?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal cost per square foot for roof repair services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the normal duration for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with the hours for the job.
At which point should I think about having an inspection done for my roof?
The majority of roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Waterloo, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Waterloo, NY. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to find the best companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.