Find a roofer in Washingtonville, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Washingtonville, New YorkHome // New York // Washingtonville
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Washingtonville, NY
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Washingtonville, NY. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the best companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.