Find a roofer in Wantagh, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Wantagh, New YorkRoofing // New York // Wantagh
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At what time should I consider having an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the typical cost of replacement services from a roofing contractor?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much should I estimate for roof repair expenses?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the most appropriate time for roofing services?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Wantagh, NY
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Wantagh, NY. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Wantagh, NY. Find the right contractor for your property now.