Find a roofer in Voorheesville, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Voorheesville, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Voorheesville, NY. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Voorheesville, NY. Find the right contractor for your house now.