Find a roofer in Victor, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Victor, New York. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Victor, New York
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Victor, New York, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.