Find a roofer in Valley Stream, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Valley Stream, New YorkRoofing // New York // Valley Stream
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What should I expect to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much is a contractor's rate to repair a roof top?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Valley Stream, New York
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Valley Stream, New York, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the right companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.