Find a roofer in Valley Stream, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Valley Stream, New YorkHome // New York // Valley Stream
Roofing Maintenance Services near Valley Stream, NY
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Valley Stream, NY, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.