Find a roofer in Valhalla, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time required for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Valhalla, New York. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the project.
When is a roof inspection necessary?
Most roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
At what cost will a roofing specialist charge for replacement?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate cost for fixing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Valhalla, New York
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Valhalla, New York. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to hire the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.