Find a roofer in Utica, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Utica, NY
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Utica, NY, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.